Monday, March 7, 2011

Musical Monday - She Don't Like Firefly by Mikey Mason


I can relate to the singer of this song. As one might guess, I'm a pretty ardent science fiction fan. Firefly was ranked number five on my personal list of the greatest science fiction television shows of all time. I am also a fantasy fan, a long time role-playing gamer, an MMO player (I recommend Lord of the Rings Online), and a PC computer gamer. I've never played Warhammer 40K, but I have a shelf full of table top wargames like Panzer Leader.

And my wife . . . well, my wife not only didn't enjoy any of these things, she didn't even understand why anyone would enjoy them. Consequently, she's not all that much like the girlfriend in the video other than disliking Firefly. Actually, she never even watched Firefly, and turned down offered opportunities to do so. And like the relationship described by the singer of this song, our relationship wasn't able to survive because of, among other things, the lack of common interests. If you don't share the joy that your spouse does, it is hard to keep a relationship together.

Previous Musical Monday: The Big Beginning by Symphony of Science
Subsequent Musical Monday: Crusader: No Regret - Main Title (aka The Traveler)

Mikey Mason     Firefly     Musical Monday     Home

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't like Firefly? The horror! Guess I'm fortunate that my wife digs science fiction stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete