Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Blogger Hop July 11th - July 17th: The Babylonian Number System Was Base 60

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Emma of Words and Peace asks (via Billy): Do you read books in translation? What are the last 3 books in translation you read?


I have read a fair amount of translated fiction, possibly due to spending several years of my youth outside of the United States. My earliest experience with reading translated fiction was probably when I read the classic science fiction works of Stanislaw Lem such as The Cyberiad and Solaris, although I may have read some of the Tintin books by Hergé before that.

No matter which was first, the most recent were, as far as I can tell, White Raven: The Sword of the Northern Ancestors (read review) by Irina Lopatina, Tintin and the Picaros (read review) by Hergé, and Flight 714 (read review) also by Hergé. I suppose that I should note that this wasn't the first time I had read the Tintin books, only the most recent.

Go to subsequent Book Blogger Hop: "61*" Is a Movie About Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment