Saturday, November 14, 2015

Book Blogger Hop November 13th - November 19th: The Greek Philosopher Carneades Died in 129 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: How long does it normally take you to read a book?

Obviously it depends upon the length and nature of the book, but for a typical work of fiction, I usually read at a rate of about sixty to eighty pages an hour, so a three hundred page novel would take four to five hours of reading to get through. I usually read nonfiction works at a slightly slower pace depending upon the density of the subject matter being covered.

I usually read collections and anthologies of short fiction one story at a time, taking a brief break in between each one. I find that if I just plow straight through compilations of short fiction, the stories tend to run together and I have to go back and refresh my memory as to which story was which. Because of this, a collection of short works will usually take me somewhat longer to work through than a novel.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment