Saturday, April 23, 2016

Book Blogger Hop April 22nd - April 28th: The IQ 151 Was a Personal Computer Made in Czechoslovakia Back When There Was a Czechoslovakia

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: How many books do you normally read in a month?

Thus far in 2016, I have read seventeen books and reviewed fourteen. I've also read and reviewed four fiction magazines, which are close enough to being books that I'm inclined to include them in my count. That means that in just under four months, I've read twenty-one things that I would count as "books". A little quick division reveals that I am reading five books a month this year, which is well below what I generally hope for, but as I'm in the middle of two books right now, I may be able to get that number up a little before the end of April.

I usually experience an uptick in my reading pace during the spring and summer months, so being behind my hoped for annual pace right now is not entirely unexpected. I'd like to be up close to ten or twelve books a month, and I hope to be hitting that mark starting in May.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: Dunbar's Number Is Approximately 150

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how much people are reading and I also agree reading magazines definitely count.
    Sportochick’s Musings Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Teri Lloyd: I belatedly realized that I undercounted my 2016 reading by one book, probably because I'm going to reread it this week.

      I don't actually count all magazines in my reading tally, just the ones that are primarily composed of fiction, which basically boils down to Analog, Asimov's, Fantasy & Science Fiction, and Clarkesworld.

      Delete