Monday, April 24, 2017

Musical Monday - The Old Home Fill 'er Up and Keep On a-Truckin' Cafe by C.W. McCall


The redhead and I went on a road trip to Indiana and back the week before last, and between that and moving a lot of furniture to get ready for the impending baby this past weekend, I'm pretty worn out. The house is still a disaster, there are piles of things still all over the place, I had to pack up the table and supplies I use for miniatures to make room, and I still have no idea where we are going to store our bicycles, but there is now a room that is more or less ready for us to have a newborn live in it.

What does this have to do with C.W. McCall's ode to the glories of a truck stop cafe? Nothing really, but whenever I go on a long drive, I always think about McCall, especially if I'm on a road with a lot of long haul truckers like I-70 or I-81, both of which I spent a fair amount of time upon in the last couple of weeks. So here it is. Now I'm going to go ask Mavis for a cup of her best and a number three.

Previous Musical Monday: Heavy Boobs by Rachel Bloom
Previous Musical Monday: Convoy by C.W. McCall

C.W. McCall     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment