Saturday, December 23, 2017

Book Blogger Hop December 22nd - December 28th: 234 Is the Country Code for Nigeria


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Have you ever asked co-workers to give you a book or B&N gift card if they got your name for a Secret Santa gift exchange? If so, did you get what you asked for?

At my current place of employment we don't really do a Secret Santa gift exchange that would make such requests viable. Our general format is essentially a blind gift exchange in which no one knows who will get the gift they have provided. So asking for something specific is simply not something that will work.

I did once work for a small firm that did a Secret Santa thing, although that was almost two decades ago. As I recall I did ask for a book, and I think I got a copy of Asimov's Foundation. That's the only time I can recall that I got a book or anything book-related in a work-related gift exchange.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: 233 Is a Fibonacci Prime

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. Only one of my previous jobs did a Secret Santa exchange and we included lists. So, I have received a Barnes & Noble gift card on a few occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chrissy: The one gift exchange in which I got a book had people make lists expressing preferences. I listed books, but did not list Foundation, so I'm not sure how I ended up with a copy of Foundation.

      Delete