Saturday, December 9, 2017

Book Blogger Hop December 8th - December 14th: Heracias Became the First Bishop of Alexandria to Use the Title "Pope" in 232 A.D.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: If you celebrate Christmas, do you feel the need to stop reading anything but Christmas-themed romances as the holiday season starts?

No. I don't usually do a whole lot of themed holiday-related reading. Most years I am in the middle of an annual reading crunch as I try to get through as many of the year's science fiction and fantasy works before the deadline to nominate for the Hugo Awards arrives.

On a side note, I'm not doing the whole Hugo-nominating and voting thing this year. The arrival of the future star captain four months ago made me dice to take this year off from Hugo voting, mostly because I don't have the kind of time that I would need to really do it right, but I'll be getting back into it next time around.

But even though I'm not immersed in trying to consume as much Hugo-eligible material as possible, I'm still not going to be doing much Holiday-theme reading this year. I have a few books I go back to, such as Letters from Father Christmas, which I mentioned last week, and Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, but my holiday reading list is quite limited. Most of the entertainment that I associate with the holiday season consists of movies and television programs - White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus, and so on and so forth. In my head music and color are so a part and parcel of the season that visual media is always going to dominate.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: 233 Is a Fibonacci Prime

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment